2017.02.02

We have during the last month spent a lot of time on things that are directly related to utørkingen of Heinkel Hallen. Air dryer is now booted, and we see it all now a solid reduction of the relative humidity in the hall. Since the hall is made of concrete and first used as a water reservoir, for so ago to also be used as a “carwash”, is the amount of moisture to be dried, something that will take a piece of time.

Since it is winter and cold and miserable outside in the hall, has an effort is also built in the workshop, with the broken elevator.

We have recently experimented with the use of electrolysis to clean different materials for residual salts and corrosion products. The method is time-consuming, but is very effective. Attached some images of a magnet switch for one engine, and a switch for gain control of one of the propellers. As the pictures show, these were in a shaky condition when they were taken out of the pilot's trottleboks. They were then first placed middle of an ocean bath consisting of Biltema kaldavfetting and driven for several hours in an ultrasonic wash with 60 degrees c. They were so they put down in a 10 % citric acid solution, and since scrubbed well under running hot water, before they were added to neutralize in a 1,5% alkaline Blue Gold soap solution. After the switches had been a while, they were recently opened up, and internal components given a thorough soap scrub under hot water. Although the portions thereafter as reasonably good, we decided to put them in an electrolysis bath, with an associated new round of a citric acid Following this. We are very pleased with the results of this electrolysis treatment. In particular, we can mention that the thin hinges down on the side of the boxes now possible to open and close, the thin chains look like new, and that “handles” top of the switches again be separated.

Magnet switches before they were taken out of trottlekassen.

Magnetic switch before we began cleaning

The switches for gain control before they were taken out of trottlekaasen.

Switch for pitch control before we started on cleaning

 

The switches in December 2016 after we had finished the first round of purification, and before they were opened and since placed in an electrolytic bath.

Switch gain control treatment in an electrolytic bath and a final purification of citric acid.

Switch gain control treatment in an electrolytic bath and a final purification of citric acid.

Switch gain control treatment in an electrolytic bath and a final purification of citric acid.

Magnetic switch after treatment in an electrolytic bath and a final purification of citric acid.

Magnetic switch after treatment in an electrolytic bath and a final purification of citric acid.

Magnetic switch after treatment in an electrolytic bath and a final purification of citric acid.

From work to repair the broken elevator.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.